Everything you need
You can count on us
How it works
Home buying questions, answered.
You get a dedicated Buyer's Agent included as part of your 1-2% (+GST) upfront Starter Payment to get started with OwnHome. This includes a team of property hunters, plus expert guidance on contracts and due diligence.
OwnHome’s Buyer’s Agent service is included as part of your 1-2% (+GST) Starter Payment.
- Property hunting and shortlisting homes
- Obtaining building and pest inspection and strata reports
- Our support and expert guidance, every step of the way
Here's what can't be included
- Stamp duty and other government fees and taxes
- Third party costs (things like title insurance, which can be helpful if the seller didn’t get council permission for their DIY - but don’t worry, your conveyancer will always run these by you, there’ll be no surprises!)
A building and pest inspection report helps to uncover hidden damage or defects in a property before you bid on or buy a home. Each report can cost from $100 - 450 - but you get this included in the service.
As part of the Buyer’s Agent service with OwnHome, we request and review a building and pest inspection report for all freestanding homes to check for structural damage, rising damp, pest infestations (such as termites) and other common defects. This step helps you to get informed and make a confident purchase decision.
Conveyancing is the process of transferring the legal ownership of the land to the new owner. A conveyancer is a qualified professional who will help you ensure that your home purchase happens smoothly. OwnHome works with conveyancers who are experts at advising home buyers when reviewing contracts and navigating the settlement process.